Saturday, May 9, 2009

A broke ankle but never a broken will!

This week has been rather exhausting. Mostly lack from sleeping and muscle exhaustion. I've been training too hard in the gym on Wednesday carrying a 20kilo barbell for 6mins,6sets and 6reps. The feeling of muscle burning in me was great. But never did I spare a thought for Thursday's torturous practical long hours!

Even after Thursday long practical, I still manage to play basketball at night because HongTat persistantly beg me to go and play. But once I reach there, there were only a few pathetic people playing. What a disappointment. On Friday, I overslept but manage to catch the 7.15am Pasir Ris train. As school ended, I went to pick my CCA in the school's sports hall as today would be the last CCA show. So I chose to join Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Taekwondo since SongJun's in there, it'll be easier to keep track of the training.

After comin back from prayers and starting to sleep, I woke up at 8pm where I got my basketball gear and rush down to the 838 courtside. Then, I played for Leon's team but lost as the opposing team had JunPei and TeckKeong. So the second time we played, Leon told me that he didn't want to leave the court the next time he plays which means he wants to win all the way. So I agreed!!

We were having a hard time playing as BaoHui substitute MingHong. And TeckKeong even rejected my ball when I was to go about for the lay-up. After I check the ball in, I dribble and the only thing in my mind is charge, charge and charge!! I lunged my body towards TeckKeong. TeckKeong seeing me in this situation dodge and I hand no one to support against and the next heavy movement I landed on my left ankle and I could feel three major cracks in my left ankle. Straight away I fall into the ground and the immediate excruciating pain flows to my ankle.

This is by far one of the worst ankle sprains ever. At that very moment I fall to the ground, the pain was unbearable. I hit my head and punched hardly to the ground. JunPei then carried me to a safer spot where Esther recuperate my injured ankle. At that moment, my ankle felt really weak. JunPei took off my shoe and socks so that my leg could receive some air. My ankle felt loose straight away. MingHong came back with a packet of ice and it was place by my ankle. At that very moment, I felt really bad for talking behind JunPei and Esther's back. I always thought of them to be of a bossy and bad couple. But after this incident, it totally changed my mind. The people who I somehow hate are the ones who eventually helped me. This made me believe that everyone has their good side so don't start hating. Like the person for their good doings. Don't only think negatively.

After that, I wore my shoe and played a little basketball. i could only limp and run slowly. My ankle hurts alot!!! It wasn't until after we hang out at 848 when the effect starts to happen.
As I was walking after a long rest at the coffee shop, the sudden rush of blood and pressure on my ankle was really unbearable! I had to take off my shoe. Even after taking off my shoe, it still hurts. So I wore it back. And damn I was still limping. Well at least better. It must be because of the pressure of the tightened shoe. So I limped my way back home where the pain had risen to the max! I couldn't sleep until i find the right position to rest my ankle. Even as I sleep, I woke up an hour later because a slight twitch on the ankle is excruciating.

The next day, I woke up at 11am. I tried to walk but I couldn't. It was too painful. Each time I applied pressure on my ankle, the pain was unbearable!! So my dad help me put some ointment and rub on the bruises so that the blood clot will be broken thus allowing blood to circulate around my ankle. It was a tough experience as I had to put a towel in my mouth in case I screamed! After that, I was able to walk. Wow. Thanks to my dad, I can walk but not normally though. I still limp. Sighs. But I have the will of steel to recover fast!! I will rehabilitate my ankle so that by Monday I can at least walk and go to school without difficulty. Insyaallah(If god permits)

No comments: