Friday, March 6, 2009

A day of hell that has been conquered!

I had always promised myself. I'm gonna jog from Yishun to Orchard but I never do it until today!! Since I woke up late and miss Friday prayers, I must force myself to jog to HELL!!! Original plan was to jog all the way from Yishun to Orchard but I lengthened it up to Marina Bay. Disbelief that I went that far??

It all started when I started jogging from my house. I jog along the MRT track and went southwards to Khatib. The starting part was ok but after I pass by Khatib, the long grueling distance from Khatib to Yio Chu Kang was a big task to handle.

I willed myself to not stop jogging. The weather was sunny and the sun shone brightly on me and the heat was dehydrating me faster and faster. I continued jogging through the CTE Expressway and finally reached Yio Chu Kang.

By the time I reach there, my stamina all drained away. Now is just me forcing myself to jog. The sun was killing me as it adds to the dehydration of my body. My thighs started to ache and I couldn't care less. But my vision blurred abit and I can sense my body is gonna give up sooner or later so I planned to stopped around Ang Mo Kio for some refreshment. By the time I found a shop to buy my drinks near Ang Mo Kio, my body had totally worned out!!!

I bought 100 plus and drank while sitting near a basketball court. This reminded me of Sakuragi of slam dunk that can willed his way to victory. So i was pumped up and continue jogging Southwards. As I jog along the MRT tracks, I saw my old Pri Sch friend riding a bike to Bishan I think. He gives me a thumbs up at the right moment where i was about to give up!!So i willed myself again. By the time I pass by Bishan MRT my legs were damn numb!!I continue jogging southwards till the MRT tracks disappeared underground. There I jogged straight till I reach an Expressway.

I stopped to look where am i supposed to jog next. I walk southwards and finally saw braddell MRT station. I was happy but I still walk southwards. I tried to jog but my aching legs were too much to bare so I just walk. I thought I was lost but I saw a familiar building which was near Toa Payoh MRT station so I walk towards it and reach the station.At there, I went to buy mineral water to fill up the water in my body. After continue walking southward, I walk into a park but was stopped to see a big road of expressway that has no where for me to go through it.

There, i walk around the expressway and crossed to the other side and then took an overhead bridge to cross the main expressway. So troublesome!!! After that, I saw a tall building that looked like Novena Velocity so I jogged slowly and follow it but to my disappointment it wasn't. Just as I was about to panic, I saw the real Novena Velocity and I jogged southwards and finally reach Novena MRT Station. By the time I reach there, I was shagged!!!

Then I walk out of the shopping mall and find a familiar route to go to Newton but it looks like I walk to an opposite direction. So I crossed the road and walk back. I saw a sign says turn left to Newton Circus. I jogged there slowly even though my body has given up. When I saw a familiar bridge, I knew I had reached Newton MRT. I continue jogging till I saw Sheraton towers and followed the road to Far East Plaza. YAY!! Finally I reached Orchard, my primary objective. i check the time and it took me 2.5 hrs to reach there on foot!!

So I continue walking pass orchard. I start to feel very weird since people go there dressed up nicely whereas I'm dressed up in a jogging attire. Then I reached Somerset MRT. Followed the road and reached Plaza Singapura which also means I reached Dhoby Ghaut MRT. Continue walking and followed the road southwards. As u can see, i did not jog already since my primary target is achieved plus there are to many people around. Not an easy place to jog after all.

I saw a Peninsula Plaza building from far away and walk quickly to that direction. Finally, I reached City Hall station. I followed the road southwards. Time check was 6.30pm. My goal was to reach Marina Bay station by 7 but that seemed IMPOSSIBLE. As I crossed the bridge of Sinagpore River. I walk southwards and finally reached Raffles Place but not at the MRT station itself. I should've gone there.

So I continue walking but my legs were very very tired. Around 7.10pm I saw an MRT station. I thought it was Marina bay or Raffles place but it turned out to be Tanjong Pagar??? 0_0 Well the distance is about the same so I considered this jog as an accomplised one. Though I didn't jog all the way, I still manage to reach Tanjong Pagar by foot!! And I did it in 3.75hrs....ZZZZ...Well if there's a next time I'll do better!!Haha

So I bought H2O from a cheap skate MAMA stall which sells h2o original at $1.70. WTF??But who cares??I'm too thisty. HAHA. So I took the train back to khatib where I still continue to play basketball. I tink I'm abit crazy eh??Haha. Well now my legs hurts like hell. Plus my 2nd toe bled due to sudden stop which crushed it. OUCH!! But its ok. Time heals the deepest wounds!! I'm referring to my physical wound Dammit!!

And when I was playing basketball, the B' girls of NBSS seems abit immature eh??They just can't stand losing. If I play underbasket, they will say I cheat. But when Leon shoots accurately, they critise him.WTH??haha. Girls are always girls. But I pity them sometime. Becos when they play with us, we didnt even played our full strength and we are still tough for them to handle. In the end they left the court looking kinda pissed. Well girls all i gotta say is train hard!!!Jog to Tanjong Pagar just like me!! Haha. Kidding.

No comments: